Friday, June 23, 2006

I am like a child

I am re-discovering Christianity. Sometimes I feel like a child in 'Sweets from heaven' and sometimes I feel like I am drowning in all the arguments and choices.

There is no cut and dried plan, no 5 point plan, no 'how to' that really works... But I have God's Word and the Christian Community and God's Spirit to guide me.

I signed up to be a Christian without really counting the cost, I got involved in ministry not having any real idea of what I was committing to. Now I am in an exciting place where I can
re-think and re-discover.

A child with a new toy? No. Jesus said the Kingdom of heaven was like a treasure hid in a field. A man discovered it and then buried it again. He went away and sold everything he had to buy the field. He also said it was like a precious pearl. When the merchant saw it, he sold all he had and bought this one pearl. Not a toy... but very exciting!

The Kingdom of heaven is worth more than anything (or for that matter - everything) else! Nothing is more important. Nothing deserves more time or attention.

I look forward to the remainder of this journey!