Friday, May 18, 2007

The commission

When Jesus was taken into heaven, He left us an instruction.

He told the disciples to go to Jerusalem and wait for the Holy Spirit, and then He commissioned them to go to Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth to spread His Good News, baptize people and make them disciples.

The Good News? The gospel. Meant for the afflicted. Meant for the sick. He came to proclaim liberty to captives, sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free, to proclaim a year of favour from the Lord (Luke 4).

He died in my place and in yours. My job then? To tell the story, the Good News... not only to people who look like me, speak the way I do, read the books and blogs I do, but to everybody... to the ends of the earth.

May He find us faithful to this commission on His return.

No comments: