Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday

The going is tough at the moment. Over the weekend I tried to come up with a legitimate reason not to come to work yesterday. Crazy, I know. I am tired, tearful, tense and often just feel hopeless.

I remember translating Job in Hebrew 2 or 3. We got stuck on a phrase, which translated literally means 'my bed is full of tossing'. We eventually chose to translate it with 'I have difficulty sleeping'. Today, I understand a bed that is full of tossing. My bed is full of tossing and turning.

However, today I only have to cope with this one day. I can trust God one more time. Just for today. Yesterday there was enough of everything and I believe that God will meet my weakness, tears and hopelessness and help me to cope today. Tuesday. And with a lot of grace and mercy, I might be able to do something for the Kingdom too.

No comments: