Saturday, November 07, 2009

The miracle of sleep

Last night I had the first "proper night's sleep" in weeks. It was AWESOME!

Today I am amazed at how God constructed the human body and how we really do need simple things like sleep to recharge and 'feel human'.

I am starting to believe that God really is in the simple things... Elijah's breeze, a simple night's sleep, the smile of a child, the purr of a cat... I think we overly complicate our lives with things we insist we need to do and need to own.

Gandhi summarised his mission in only three words: 'Renounce and enjoy'. Maybe it is time to simplify my life even more and have more time to marvel about the things I usually just take for granted.

What is our daily bread really? What do you really need to live a full life?

No comments: