Friday, October 09, 2009

God's will?

My mom's stomach was removed two years ago (gastrictomy) and a new stomach was molded from her duodenum. At the time, she spent more than a month in ICU. It really was nerve wrecking and since I got hardly any sleep, the whole experience was just so much more intense.

About 6 weeks ago, she atarted complaining of terrible pain and that she could not hold her food down. A battery of tests were run and last week, they eventually discovered that her new stomach closed up. The doctor did a few biopsies and we were meant to have the results today.

However, when she called his rooms yesterday, she was told that he went overseas and is only due back on the 19th of October. He will only release the results then. In the meantime, there is nobody in his rooms to interpret and release the results.

My first reaction was that this is sloppy service and simply outrageous. It is a service we are paying for and now do not receive. My gut feel was that we need to get the results, even if I had to get someone else to interpret it (I have two very intelligent friends who are medical sisters and qualified to do so).

My mom's response flabbergasted me. She insisted that it is God's will to wait and then she forbade me to interfere.

I initially was furious, because I honestly could not see how God would want this. When I thought about it longer, I cried. Now, I am back at being irritated with the whole situation.

I do not want you to pick a side. What I would like to do, is ask you to pray with me? Please pray for my heart to change and for me to be able to respect my parents. Please pray with me for my mom and her health? It grabs my heart every time she gets sick.

Today, I need God, if only to make it through this day.

No comments: