Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It is not all bad...



Last week, I got a 'gel skin' for my laptop. It is an image of Van Gogh's "Starry night". When I see things like that, I remember that bipolar disorder is not all bad. Vincent van Gogh had bipolar disorder.

Jim Carey, Robin Williams, Virginia Woolf, Mark Twain, Sting, Peter Gabriel, Sinead O'Connor, Ludwig von Beethoven, Ben Stiller, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Carrie Fisher and loads of other well-known artists finds / found themselves in this crazy corner.

Last week I listened to a podcast of someone arguing that creativity is a side effect of bipolar disorder. I would not go that far, but I do know that I am fairly creative on a good day.

Somehow, being creative, makes me feel closer to God. It helps me to connect with Him. I think it makes me a better human being.

No comments: