Friday, August 31, 2007

Letting go

My parents are getting divorced. They have been married for 33 and a half years. At this stage, I don't feel much about it. I just want it over.

With the divorce came a whole lot of other issues. My sister lived in their house until today. Today she is moving to Durban. In my mind, she always was my little sister and I had to protect her from a lot of things.

Today I need to take a step back. I cannot protect her. She got hurt in this divorce - yesterday she gave me her Bible and said she gave up on serving God, because praying did not help her much. She does not read this blog and does not know how close I came to giving up myself.

I am nervous about this move, I think this is how a parent bird must feel when that little bird takes its first leap from the nest. The difference is this - I am nowhere near Durban. On the other hand I do have technology to help me cross the distance.

Today I have to trust God to take care of Ester. To keep her and protect her and to heal her. Because I can't.

No comments: