Wednesday, August 01, 2007

When you are down

This morning I had a battle to get out of bed and have a bath. It was just really difficult. I am not sure how simple tasks can become SO difficult.

I don't like violent movies, but I have seen the occasional boxing match scene. I have always assumed that when a boxer falls down and the ref starts counting, that boxer just physically can not get up. This morning I considered the alternative - maybe he just does not want to. Maybe he had enough and doesn't want his opponent to hit him yet again?

The next step in my strange logic is that I could then just stay in bed and not speak to anyone. In doing so nothing and nobody could hit me. Less exposure, less pain. If you don't share your life, nobody can reject you, bypass you, ignore your existence or hurt you.

But then, what if life is more of a street fight and the fact that you are down does not stop anybody or anything from beating you up further?

Somehow, I must find the faith and energy to make it through today. Just today. I am not sure I can do this, but I am going to give it my best shot. Get up, just one more time.

No comments: