Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Lord is my Shepherd

Lord, if you are my Shepherd,
you are here with me.
A shepherd cannot watch over his flock with a webcam
nor follow them with a GPS connection.
If I think about the picture of a shepherd,
like David must have been -
the shepherd stayed out with the sheep,
lead them to water,
fended for them when wild animals came prowling
(endangering himself),
found food for them in barren landsacapes...
You told the story of the shepherd who left 99 sheep
to go looking for the missing one -
you said you will not break a bruised reed,
and you will not snuff outa smouldering wick.
When your friend, Lazarus, died - you wept.
Lord, I know you are sovereign.
You are God.
I cannot manipulate you.
But Lord, please have mercy on me?
In Jesus' Name
Amen

No comments: