Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Life and death

Tonight I really have mixed emotions. Let's start with the great things... tomorrow my friend Tayla turns four. Over the past year I watched her transformation from toddler to little princess. She is a girly girl who loves pink and bling. I just love her honesty. She really is amazing.

She shares her birthday with one of the bravest women I know, my friend Yvonne.

Yvonne's husband was in the ministry when he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Tonight a programme will be broadcasted on RSG (a local radio station) where she will talk about what bipolar disorder did to their marriage. I love Yvonne and Jan. Their journey gives me hope for mine. I love the fact that they allow me just to 'be'.

I love Yvonne's courage and gutzpah. I think many people would run away from a marriage like theirs, but instead she cares and nurtures. She is 'out there' all of the time and rides an emotional rollercoaster as Jan improves and relapses. She honestly battles with God about this (often crazy) journey and is not scared to ask the tough questions.

Then, my friend Anton died today. I have many fond memories of him. Maybe I will blog about him another day. Today he just had a diabetic attack and died.

I thank God for letting my paths cross with all 3 of these precious people. They bring variety and spice to my life.

No comments: