Thursday, September 24, 2009

Up!

The past few weeks have really been draining. This morning all I wanted to do was to stay in bed, and I almost did (it is a public holiday in South Africa), but am really glad I didn't.

Instead I went to see the (fairly) new animated movie, "Up". What a delightful movie!

Strange as this might sound... the movie shows new loyalties, as opposed to the traditional model where "married is better than single", "with children are better than without" and biological connections rule.

It reminded me of community and what brings us together. We are very different. In our country, we have eleven official languages. Some are married, some have children, others are single or married, without kids. Some are black, others white, coloured or Indian.... yet Jesus unites us in a new family.

I do not want to spoil the fun. I really think this movie is worthwhile and hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments: