Friday, September 25, 2009

Preparation

It is spring in South Africa. With spring, comes the first rains of the season and farmers start preparing the fields. This preparation includes plowing, i.e. breaking the hard layer of soil, turning the soil over, fertilizing.... and then waiting on God to send the rain.

The events of the past few weeks really turned my heart over and over. It is my prayer that God will take my broken heart and the broken hearts of my friends and turn it into something beautiful. With this, I acknowledge God as the Farmer. I acknowledge that without Him, I am just broken earth. Only in Him and through Him, can anything good come of our broken heart(s).

We are not alone in this prayer. On Monday it is Yom Kippur. My prayer, with that of so many others, is that God will forgive me and mine and find our heart(s) useful in the year to come.

No comments: