Sunday, May 09, 2010

Ordinary TIme

Despite the fact that it is Easter on the Church calendar (with Ascension Day on Thursday, 13 May 2010), it is "Ordinary Time" in my life and I am grateful.

I am almost too scared to put it in writing, just incase I jinx it, but my micro-management of my life is paying off now. My mood is neither too high, nor too low. My lithium levels are constant. I am able to sleep and to work. I am able to think and even study. I am at peace with myself and the world. This is what I think every bipolar patient dreams of. Just to be. Just to be normal. Just to be able to connect with God. Just to be able to connect with His people. Just to be able to do a day's work. Just to be able to understand jokes and the occasional pun and symbolism... Just to be.

I do know that all of it can change in the blink of an eye, but for now, I am grateful and content.

No comments: