Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Budgets and the day of tomorrow

On Sunday our stewards are presenting a stewardship workshop. We will look at three things:
  • A feasible budget for 2008
  • Progress from where we are
  • Margin / saving in our (individual) budgets

I am excited to see how much effort they make with our community's finances. See, I think money is a gift from God. We are His stewards taking care of His money and therefore we have to be wise and knowledgable.

About a year and a half ago our stewards started praying this prayer and asked us to join them in doing so:

"Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the Lord?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God. " Prov.30:7-9

This prayer is part of today's preparations for the workshop. This is still my prayer. Our Father, only our daily bread - just for today. Thank you for your provision today. Thank you for your mercies that are new every morning. Thank you for your love and care and thank you that you made days and nights - and thank you that I can trust you with my entire being today. Thank you for my friends and that they can help me plan for tomorrow and next year. Lord, I pray that you will always be Number One in our finances. Please help us to always acknowledge and worship the Giver, not the gift. In Jesus' Name.

No comments: