Friday, November 02, 2007

To love or not to love

My mom has been in hospital for almost a month now. During the same month we had our financial year end at work, we have a lot of projects that require extra time and energy, we are running short on staff and life just happened. Mind you, life seems to happen to me all the time.

I am just so tired.

On my Google screen, there are quotes of Mother Theresa (ironically, my mom's name is Theresa). Today's quote is: "Do not think that love, in order to be genuine, has to be extraordinary. What we need is to love without getting tired."

I am tired. I don't know how to help my mom. Helplessness frustrates me. When I get agitated, I don't exactly feel like I love my mom.

What is love anyway? If it is a fuzzy feeling, I fail. If it is never to get angry, I fail. If love is to serve all the time, I'm not sure I'm doing a good job. The only way I can think of to love my mom, is to go back there tomorrow. I hope she sees a small part of my heart and care. May God keep my intentions pure and help me to communicate it properly.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. How do you live life? Just one day at a time.

May God work a miracle in my heart and help to love the way He does. Tirelessly. Over and over. Seventy times seven times and then just one more time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Emtia - your words somehow ignited a fresh will in me to persevere in love. 1 day at a time seems so much more achievable than "my idea of love".. Please keep on writing...