Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas 2007

This morning I was reminded of all God's special gifts in my life. He gave me the most amazing friends, people who stood by me through heartache and times when I was impossible.

To me Christmas is Jesus who came to earth and pitched a tent amongst ours (John says He 'tabernacled' amongst us). Jesus lived on earth for 33 years, died for me and you and then rose and ascended to heaven.

He left a legacy and a body. The body had its work cut out - go, tell, baptize and disciple (Matthew 28:19) and I think it really was that simple. Over the centuries we complicated our job and compromised in so many areas.

Today - I think the message is still much the same... go (move out of your comfort zone)! Tell (and when absolutely necessary use words)! Baptize! Disciple (by mimicking Jesus and encouraging others to also do that)!

I know this became a cliche .... but we really might be somebody's Bible. This year my friends became my Bible. When I could not pray, I knew they did. They became Jesus who pitched up a tent next to mine and called me family.

So, on this Christmas day 2007, I thank God for Jesus who came to dwell amongst broken people like us and for people who have the courage to follow Him.

May God bless & keep you!

No comments: