Sunday, December 09, 2007

New hope

I am always amazed when God speaks to me. It is humbling to know that the Almighty God knows about a human being and cares enough to speak to us.

Yesterday I saw my parents. They are old and bitter and out to get each other. The current fight is about the family pictures. Since they are both our parents, I believe they should share the photos, but they refuse to be civilised.

When I got home, I was overwhelmed by the devastation of everything I had and was a year ago. The image of a forest fire came to mind. It felt like there is NOTHING left - only the destruction and desolation.

This morning we discussed Isaiah 11:1-10. Tom had a picture of a forest fire and this is where I believe God spoke to me. There is hope. Jesus is my hope for today and tonight and the day of tomorrow. I might not have any answers right now and there might be real destruction in my life, but He can make it new.

I was sure we are not supposed to celebrate Christmas (maybe just because my family hurts real bad at the moment), but today's Advent message brought hope in my heart and life.

Tonight, I see a new picture - that of a bright green shoot, growing in the scarred forest of what used to be my life. It is a new beginning, a new reality - and very real.

No comments: