Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Footprint

Our footprint is a big issue these days. We talk about our carbon footrpint, which simply means that you will do as much good to earth as you do bad, balancing the scales.

Simba (Lion King) said that you should never take more than you give in this circle of life. It is just not fair.

For the past few days I have been pre-occupied with blood donation and I would like to explain why:

- my mom has used 22 units of blood in the past 2 years;
- I have only donate 57 units so far... and she is catching up faster than I can donate;
- every time she gets a unit of blood, I see all her vitals going in the right direction;
- this happens with each patient receiving blood;
- it is Christmas... we are in 'gift mode'. Giving your blood is the ultimate. It has no monetary cost to you, yet ONLY you can give this gift. Giving yourself... to save a life.

No comments: