Tuesday, December 22, 2009

This time of the year...

... is notorious for the number of suicides committed. On a night like tonight, I can understand it and it scares me.

It is advent and we are counting down the days until we celebrate Jesus' birth to this world. I know He came to bring light to the darkness, He came to set the captives free, make the blind see & the lame walk... to declare the acceptable year of the Lord.

And yet, all I see tonight is darkness. I am not talking about the 'christmas spirit'. I feel like I am caught up in an invisible, very dark, spiderweb. The more I try to get out, the more entangled I become.

I am tired. Just too tired to reach out. Tonight, I do not see the light / Light. Yet, there is a spark of hope that this depression will pass (eventually).

God has been faithful and takes care of the big things like keeping the planets in orbit. Why can't I scrape the faith together to believe that He is with me and He cares?

May God have mercy on you and on me tonight.

No comments: