Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Today was Ash Wednesday and I think Jesus came to my office.

In anticipation of what I am about to tell you, I think it is important that one of Claypot's (my community) values has always been to take hands over denominational borders.

On Monday, a few of my colleagues and I were discussing Ash Wednesday. None of us were able to join our communities this morning and still be on time for work. Hence, we decided to have our own Ash Wednesday liturgy.

Spending time with my colleagues, just being quiet and reading a prayer of repentance was awesome. We work together and see each other's best and worst. All day there was this sense of 'we are sharing something and Someone'.

Just after our liturgy, we saw lots of frowning and questioning faces and assumed it has something to do with the black crosses on our foreheads... and we explained. By mid-morning my line manager commented that he felt there was something going on and he was standing outside the circle. He then proceeded to ask if he could come next year. He was just the first of a whole string of people with the same request.

So, today I met Jesus at my office. It was great to have Him there. And, like always, I have to wonder where I'll meet Him tomorrow...

No comments: