Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Screwtape and life as I know it

This morning my accountability partner sent me this message. It is an extract from CS Lewis' Screwtape letters: 'Our cause is never more in danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do our Enemy's will, looks around upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys.'

I feel so guilty because I cannot snap out of this depression. I feel like I am always complaining and I don't like being around people like that. Then you get a message from a friend and you know you are still loved. Yesterday I got an email from a friend with bits of news - they are expecting a boy in the next 6 weeks and between the lines I read that I was loved despite everything that happened and that I have done. I also had a chat on Gmail with another friend, asking if I am coping financially and I knew I was loved.

My world shrunk on this bumpy ride, it turned upside down a few times, but it is OK because I am still loved.

You are nothing but a broken clay jar (I am nothing but a broken clay jar), yet you are (I am) still loved. Still chosen to carry the Good News of Jesus in this broken body.

No comments: